Sports Quiz Prelims - Answers
1. His full name is James Cleveland - JC or Jesse in short.
2. Leon Spinks and Michael Spinks.
3. In older days the bowler who took three wickets in a row was presented with a hat.
4. Uruguay, the erstwhile Olympic champions.
5. Black September. To avenge the defeat of Palestinian guerillas in Jordan in September 1970.
6. Tour de France.
7. Mario Campis (Argentina) in 1978.
8. Sonny Liston and Leon Spinks.
9(a). Dhyan Chand's B'day.
11. Le Germon.
12. Carrying the bat through the innings of their debut.
15(b). The Indian Hockey team.
16. Gustavo Kuerten.
17. Venus Rosewater Dish.
18. Entry was by invitation.
19. If... by Kipling.
21. The English team had to go back home, and their steamer tickets were booked.
23(a). Martina Hingis.
23(b). Montreal Olympics, Canada (1976).
24. Robert Guerin.
25. Philip Cocu.
26. Geoffrey Boycott.
27. Dale Earnhadt Sr and Jr.
29. Hristo Stoichkov.
Do not close this window. You can use this window to open answers side by side to the questions using the links on the left.