Trivia Quiz Finals - Personalities Round
1. He was a shrewd communist leader, diplomat and statesman, became the First Secretary of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union. He shocked the world when he took off his shoes and thumped the desk at the UN. He later went on to become the Prime Minister of USSR. Who?
2. He was abandoned by the midwife as being stillborn, but was saved by a doctor by blowing cigar smoke into his face. His middle names are 'Diego Jose Francisco de Paula Juana Neponuceno Madrid de los Remedios Cipriano de Satisima'. He is the founder of Cubism. Who?
3. Since both Beethoven and Bruckner had both died after finishing their 9th symphonies, this musician preferred to call his 9th symphony as the 10th. The 10th however remained only a sketch and when he actually began work on the 9th he said half-joking that the danger was now over as the 9th symphony was actually the 10th. The gods weren't fooled though and he died soon after he completed this 9th symphony. Name this composer?
4. As a 17-year-old high school junior, this person found himself in need of a class project. His proposed idea was initially turned down by the teacher. He went ahead and finished his project, receiving a B minus for his efforts. His teacher compromised and promised to deliver a better classroom grade if he could get the U.S. Congress to accept his idea. Needless to say, they did. Since then, he's been in all 50 states and 37 foreign countries, making hundreds of speeches and traveling more than 100,000 miles a year. He also has been the guest of nine U.S. presidents at the White House. Who is he and what is his idea?
5. Who said on what occasion: "We knocked the bastard off "?
6. His parents were named Andrew and Monique. He was educated at Eton, Fettes and the University of Geneva. His wife Teresa was the daughter of a Corsican gangster called Marc-Ange Draco. Who?