Sports Quiz Finals - Personality Round I
1. This man in the 2000 Australian Open earned the dubious distinction of becoming the first man in Grand Slam history to be fined for not trying enough as he lost to Grant Stafford of SA. He has since gone on to win a Grand Slam.
2. This South African opening batsman became wicket keeper in this One Day International as Mark Boucher got injured in the previous match, in which this man was Man of the Match for scoring 37 runs and taking 2 wickets for 8 runs. In this match he kept wickets for the whole of the match except the second last over which he bowled handing gloves to Gary Kirsten. Who?
3. Ivan Lendl reached the finals of 8 consecutive US Open finals till in 1991 he had an unexpected quarter final loss. This man went on to win the Championship and was the youngest to do so. Who?
4. To whom and on what memorable occasion did Viv Richards say this, "Man, it don't matter where you come in to bat, the score is still zero."
5. Before Azhar who has been the only Ranji player from Hyderabad to become a Test captain?
6. He gave up a race deal with Lotus team to be McLaren's test driver, and when Michael Andretti's experiment with F1 was cut short at Monza, he grabbed his chance and out-qualified team leader Ayrton Senna in his debut race in Portugal. Who?