Sports Quiz Finals - Miscellaneous Round
1. Which new rule/innovation in Fencing, which is to be compulsory by the 2004 Athens Games is expected to rekindle spectator interest and make the sport more visible and popular?
2. Alan Shepard hit 2 six iron shots at the 'Fra Mauro Country Club'. His first was not a good one as he got more dirt and it went only 40 yards. He hit again, and it went at least 200 yards. He said, 'Beautiful... there it goes,' and then, 'Miles and miles and miles.' What was so special about this shot?
In the Kuerten Kafelnikov quater-final in US Open 2001 an odd interruption came
in the 2nd set as Kuerten was about to serve. Kuerten later said,
“I never saw something like this, we had to wait for him to finish... to start
playing.” What did they have to wait for to finish?
4. Why did the Indian team refuse to play the 1974 Davis Cup final?
5. The 1923 FA Cup Final at Wembley is called the White Horse Cup final. Why?
6. Billy Bremmer was made the captain of a club as Jackie Charlton refused lead the team because it meant he would have to go against one of his superstitions, What superstition?