Sports Quiz Finals - Incidents Round
1. When Ayrton Senna died in a crash, he had the Spanish flag in his pocket. Why?
2. During the Pakistan tour of Australia in 1983-84, a delivery from Abdul Qadir slipped out of his hands and settled at short mid-on. Qadir picked it up. What happened next?
3. Lee Trevino, Bobby Nichols, and Jerry Heard had an accident in 1975 Western Open, but survived. This incident prompted new safety standards at PGA events, but four spectators died in 1991 US Open in a similar incident. What?
4. In 1984 LA Olympics a controversial decision took place. Evander Holyfield was on the verge of knocking out Kevin Barry (NZ) in the semi-finals a few seconds before end of second round. Holyfield gave a right to ribs followed by a left that floored Barry. Referee Gligorije Novicie (Yugoslavia) counted out Barry and then delivered a decision which led to the declaration of the other finalist Anton Josipivi (Yugoslavia) as the gold medallist. What was this decision?
5. The 1991 Australian Open final between Stephen Edberg and Ivan Lendl had a result which has happened only twice before in a Grand Slam final, once in 1911, and again in 1931, both at Wimbledon. What?
6. Why was the second day of the 1980-81 Golden Jubilee Test against England at Mumbai declared a rest day by the Indian board in agreement with the English team?