Science Quiz Finals - Miscellaneous Round
1. The sun did not shine over Paris for several days, and a scientist working on photographing crystals had thought his experiment all but gone. But then he discovered something out of this that won him a Nobel. Who?
2. Two young scientists plotting radio wave emission from the sky noted a disturbance in the readings. At first it was attributed to bird droppings in their antenna. But later it lead to a momentous discovery. What was the actual source of the disturbance?
3. According to Usenet legend, an inmate of Canberra zoo bit a visitor, inspiring him (the visitor!) to create a mascot for his new product based, of course, on the animal that bit him. Name the product and the mascot?
4. The following excerpts are from the April 26th edition of the New York Times: "Bill Gates gets the credit but somebody else did most of the work'. 'For the first time in this decade something from Microsoft has been shipped on time'. 'Regardless of the problems with this one calling Microsoft Support won't help'. 'For at least a another year it'll suck." What was the topic of this article?
5. What is so special about the line : "Oh, just give me a glance, I bear friendly tidings for a loving admirer"?