Cartoons Quiz Finals - Miscellaneous Round
1. This cartoon strip currently holds the distinction of the longest-running strip still done by its creator? Name the cartoon strip.
2. What is the movie playing in the open-air theatre in the beginning of each Flintstones show?
3. The relations between this cartoonist pair began when Brant Parker, a staff artist for the Binghamton Press in upstate New York, was asked to judge a high school art contest. Among the entrants was a teenager whose work so impressed the other that he arranged a meeting. That lunch was the beginning of a close working and personal relationship. They hired an agent and began submitting work to such magazines as the Saturday Evening Post, Collier's and Good Housekeeping. By the end of the decade, one was working as an art director at IBM and the other had created a comic strip which was a prehistoric parody of modern man's foibles. In 1964, the pair modified it and came up with the strip that has made them famous. Name both these strips.
4. Orson Wells, the famous director of the radio adaptation of HG Wells' War of the Worlds, has been said to be the inspiration behind this cartoon character with an intelligent but destructive mind. What character?
5. Who played Popeye in the movie version of Popeye the Sailor?
6. There is a cartoon sequence in the beginning of Mrs. Doubtfire, which Robin Williams is dubbing. Which famous animation director directed the piece?